What’s Happening at Creative Ventures Gallery this month ??????????????
New work has arrived in our gallery! These are a few of the oil paintings of local artist, Dick Fischer, on view in our gallery room until the end of the month.
The First Friday Art Talk of June will be on June 1st at 6:30pm. It will be “Portrait Sculpture” with professional sculptor Paul Ducret. Want to see how amazing sculptures are created without the use of a kiln? Come, see all the stages and hear Paul talk about it. Paul will have both the sculptures and the drawings he used to create those sculptures in our gallery room on view for the month of June. The general public is always invited to these free events. Refreshments will be served.
Look for these talks to continue on the first Fridays of every month! We are open to suggested topics from you!
Call for Student Work . . . . . . .
Get your artwork ready for CVG’s first Annual Student Show and Sale. The show will be up the month of July. Showcase your artwork! Each student can bring a maximum of three of their best pieces. They must be professionally presented so they can be either framed and wired to hang (no sawtooth hangers), or matted. If matted, needs to be in a plastic sleeve so it can be hung. Put artist name, medium and price on the back. Bring your work into CVG before July 7th. There will be awards. We will hold an Open House with the public to meet the students and some of our teachers on July 14th from 10-2. Students are expected to bring some food to share. Invite your family and friends. Make yourself and your teachers proud!!!!!!
CALL TO ARTISTS
Creative Ventures is proud to announce an upcoming show – ‘Small Works – BIG IMPACT’
- This is an Open show for local artists
- Originals only – no prints
- Drop off dates – Nov 1-4, 10am-2pm unless other arrangements are made
- Pick up dates – Dec 27-30, 10am-2pm unless other arrangements are made
- Outside dimensions including frame is limited to 12” in any direction
- No sawtooth hangers
- 2-D work (including fiber) must be wired and ready to hang
- No nudes, photography or jewelry for this show
- Works included can be oil, watercolor, fiber, acrylic, pastel, drawing, color pencil, hand-pulled prints, mixed media, sculpture
- $5 per piece with 3 piece limit
- No work that requires special installation or instructions will be accepted
- Artist/Gallery split will be 75/25.
- All work must be for sale.
- Don’t see your medium listed – call us and ask – 603-672-2500
Get busy creating small work and click small works-BIG IMPACT to fill out the entry form.
************** ATTENTION JUNIOR BUDDING ARTISTS **************
Would you like to plan an arty birthday party for a budding artist? Think of how unique it would make it to hold it in an actual art studio classroom. Call Creative Ventures Gallery and see how your date would fit into the teaching schedule. Bring you own refreshments.
Time to start thinking about Art Summer Camps!!!! We will be running two sessions this year – the week of July 16th with Kristine Brock (our painting teacher) and the week of July 23rd with Tami Sciola-Borelli (our drawing teacher). Details can be found here.
The Creative Ventures classroom is open anytime classes are not scheduled for artists to come in with their supplies to work. Just check with us before you come. There will be a nominal fee off $5 per visit.
If you do something unique, we are always open to add new teachers to our schedule. Contact us NOW.