This workshop explores a simplified method of utilizing underpainting to establish strong elements of composition and color. Techniques are drawn from over 35 years of plein air painting experience. Step by step demonstration of the process accompanied with helpful individual instruction will enable participants to be immersed in this practice.
If the weather is not good, we can work from still lives set up so I can show you the underpainting process.
2. 2 bristle brushes 1 small and one large
3. A couple of rags
4. Gamsol and quinacridone orange(grumbacher)
5. UArt Pastel Paper Mounted in sizes 6X8, 8X10,
Or 9X12 (a comfortable size ) and a board
6. Pastels hard and soft and a few pencils
Bring any hard and soft pastels that you have
I use: Prisma Colors NUPASTELS
Sennelier Paris Collection
7. An IPad is helpful or a small sketch pad